Occupational Health & Safety Management System
An ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management System is a way of doing things which primarily protects your employees and key stakeholders from harm. It protects employees against ill health caused or made worse by work as well as injury through accidents. It furthermore plays a critical role in ensuring that visitors to your premises, such as customers and contractors, are safe.
Improving your Health and Safety System to the level required by ISO 45001 helps you anticipate and control health and safety risks and comply with regulations. By doing so, it reduces your risk of litigation, improves productivity and gives your customers confidence.
How can ISO 45001 help my business grow?
Money is just one of the ways in which an accident or work-related sickness can have a cost to your business. It only takes one incident to cause inestimable damage to your reputation. Consequently, each year, millions of days are lost to ill health, taking a heavy toll on productivity.
ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management System has been designed to help you reduce these risks and their associated costs.
You can protect your business within weeks by benchmarking your current processes and procedures against ISO 45001 Certification requirements. Recognised around the World, ISO 45001 is often the minimum standard required to meet tender requirements and demonstrate commitment to best practice in employee safety and welfare.
Your public and private sector customers will be reassured by your ISO 45001 certification as it clearly communicates that you are a forward-thinking company which mitigates risks and complies with regulations.
As for your employees, a safe and supportive working environment is vital for employee engagement. You can set yourself apart from the competition by proactively protecting your employees’ physical and mental wellbeing. Not only will your staff be happier and safer, you’ll see an increase in productivity and reduced absenteeism.
Should the worst happen, you’ll be able to easily provide evidence that you follow best practice and took reasonable measures to protect your staff.
Benefits of ISO 45001
- Improves the efficiency of internal operations, reduces accidents, dangers, and downtime.
- Improves the safety of all persons affected by the company’s activities.
- Provide employees with healthy and secure working area.
- Provide decrease in states of production that causes accidents and decrease in material losses.
- Provides being prepared to emergency states (earthquake, flood, fire, etc ) and accidents and also provides decreasing the states like accidents etc.
- Allows better identification of hazards and risk.
- HACCP - Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) provides a risk based approach that supports other management systems standards across the food industry – such as ISO 22000 Food Safety Management. HACCP outlines good manufacturing processes for all food sectors and can be key to your business when taking part in international trade. It is especially suitable for primary producers, manufacturers, processors and food service operators.
An HACCP system allows you to identify hazards and put in place controls to manage these throughout your supply chain during production. The HACCP scheme meets the requirements of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) established by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to bring together international food standards, guidelines and codes of practice to ensure fair trade.
HACCP certification is an international standard defining the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, for example, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping
What can HACCP Certification do for my business now?
HACCP certification instantly demonstrates to customers your commitment to producing or trading in safe food. This evidence-based approach can be particularly beneficial when you are subject to inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
Demonstrating a real commitment to food safety through HACCP compliance can also transform your brand and act as an effective entry-to-market tool, opening up new business opportunities around the world.
Benefits of HACCP
- Implement internationally recognized food safety system
- Food safety standards increase.
- Food quality standards increase.
- Organises your process to produce safe food.
- Conveys a degree of confidence required by consumers, retailers and buyers within the food industry
- Provides buyers, consumers, government enforcement and trade agencies with justified assurance that control systems are in place to assure the safe production of food
- Align HACCP with ISO 22000 to improve food safety management systems
- Continually review and improve your system so it stays effective
- It is based on the internationally-recognized Codex Alimentarius standards and guidelines and other national standards
- Regular assessments help you to continually monitor your food safety system
- HACCP can add value to your entire supply chain with improved hazard controls, whatever its size or location.